The Stanley Theater opened on the site of the former Star Theater in 1936, built by the Heywood Amusement Corporation. The theater was purchased by Daniel "Mussy" and Cecilia Eslinger in 1968, and has been in the family ever since. In 2010, a restoration of the theater was done to turn back the hands of time and restore many of the original art deco designs
The Stanley Theater is the very definition of a classic cinema. Having been owned by the same family for over 50 years provides a strong connection of their community. Not only does this theater frequently host free movies, but during devastating storms in late 2021, they went to next level. The theater opened their doors to their neighbors for food, shelter and security during a very difficult time. Classic, Indeed!